Spanish Learning School in Buenos Aires
Learning Spanish in Buenos Aires, how to learn Spanish in Argentina
Whether you are taking an intensive course (usually 20 hours a week), or just a few individual lessons, don’t think that’s enough! Set up a weekly meeting with an Argentine to put into practice what you’ve learned and make a new friend. Take advantage of one of the many language exchanges located in Buenos Aires. Spanglish, and MundoLingo are great events to practice your Spanish and to meet and have fun with new friends.
Carry a notebook and a pen so you can write down words and refer to them as reminders when needed, and also can also take down words and phrases that you hear people saying throughout the week. For example ‘What the heck does Che Boluda mean?’ You’re eagerness will make you the teacher’s favorite. Always try to avoid using English whenever you can, the notebook will help you do this!
Use your teacher as a resource as much as possible. Their principal responsibility is to teach you the curriculum to ensure your success in mastering the language, but if you’re clever you will really get value from your teacher from asking questions, i.e. words you’ve heard in between classes and cultural recommendations such as Spanish language films and books. Don’t be afraid to approach them after class if you feel you are struggling with anything in particular.
Take the opportunity to use new vocabulary and grammar constructions: When you hear something new, using it is the best way to learn it. If you can squeeze it back into conversation a few times, it will stick. If you say it once, not so much. Avoid speaking English: The point of a conversation class is to help you learn to communicate in your target language, in this case, Spanish. Reverting to English because you get excited about telling your story or frustrated because you can’t find the words, will not help you learn to communicate effectively in Spanish. Try speaking around it – for example, if you do not know how to say “desechable (disposable)” – you can say that it’s something that can be thrown away after being used, like a tissue or paper towel.
Dive into Argentina’s rich and diverse culture head first. From the banal, such as the tabloid news channel, Crónica; to the deep, such as the literature of Jorge Luis Borges; and the informed, such as daily newspaper, La Nación, Argentina’s media will arm you with a wide vocabulary and keep you entertained. Films are also a great way to learn. Some schools provide Spanish film screenings where you can watch movies with Spanish dialogue and English subtitles and discuss the film afterward. For musical lovers, Buenos Aires regularly hosts the big Broadway musicals. In short, there’s something for every Spanish language learner in the Argentine capital.
You don’t need to be an IT nerd to make the most of the huge array of modern technology on offer to Spanish learners. Iphone Apps galore including free Spanish resources such as Google translate, and some with a fee, such as Basic Spanish for Dummies are great for keeping up the Spanish practice while on the move. Actualidad Argentina is a weekly Argentine Spanish language news podcast that offers additional help with its online tools, Spanish hangman is old school but fun and great for the old vocab! There’s even an app specifically for Porteño Spanish.
Why ÍBERO Spanish Buenos Aires?
- Because the value for money of ÍBERO is the best you can find.
- ÍBERO is among the most experienced and known. Our highly qualified Spanish teaching staff, own books and unique Spanish teaching methods make the difference.
- Here at ÍBERO you’ll have the opportunity to enjoy the best holidays you have ever dreamt of with a great deal of activities and a lot of new friends from all over the world having fun!
- You get excellent value for your money, where learning Spanish is a real pleasure.
- We have an accommodation program with carefully selected places.
- At ÍBERO we take a personal interest in each of our students and are happy to offer help and assistance in any way that we can.
- We maintain a very friendly atmosphere in our school reason by which we teach in small groups, with an average of three or four students per class.
- In a relaxing, pleasant, professional and enjoyable atmosphere, we will show you how to apply grammar structures to practical every-day life situations.
- The affordable courses we offer are effective and motivating.
- ÍBERO Spanish School has activities focused on making you enjoy our Argentinian culture, food and traditions.
- Our objective here at ÍBERO is to provide as much improvement as rapidly as possible. We acknowledge that time is finite for many, and have structured our programs to develop language skills at an accelerated pace. Whether you may apply for a short or long term program, our small class sizes, highly qualified professors, and diversified learning approach create a learning environment that facilitates rapid improvement and an engaging atmosphere.